Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wednesday, June 2nd

After having a wonderful couple of days with Drew in Lexington,
Virginia, getting back on the trail today was tough. It is always
sooooo hard to say goodbye. Today my pack felt heavier, the sun felt
hotter, the mountains seemed to be steeper, and the trail went on
forever. Oh yeah, all the water sources were dry. I did not see anyone
but a couple of section hikers all day today. It seems the herd has
thinned. I am camped alone on top of the highest mountain (one of
many) I climbed today. I only hiked a little over 13 miles
today...the result of starting at noon. I stopped after about 10 miles
and had an early dinner and then hiked until just after 7pm. I did
see a lot of wild columbine patches today. As well as a turtle, some
lizards, a black rat snake, and some deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment