Sunday, June 13, 2010

Back in the real woods....

So long Shenandoah! So long overpriced but highly convenient
concession food every 15-20 miles! So long crossing Skyline drive 10
times a day! Back in the wilderness, 20 miles from where I woke up
this morning, I am tenting near "Dick's Dome" shelter. It's hexagonal.
That's all I have to say about that.
Tomorrow just in time for the hottest and most humid part of the day,
Safari, Timber, and I will be entering what is formally called "The
Roller Coaster". Apparently this is 14 miles of 500' elevation gain
accents followed by 500' elevation drops. I will let you know how that
all works out. Fun.
And for those following my Big Agnes saga, they screwed up the address
and the pad never showed up. When I spoke to fedex, they said I
couldn't change the address because I was not their customer, BA was.
Uh huh. Of course it was Saturday so BA was closed. Yep. And today
was Sunday. This just gets better. Oh, and they're on the west coast.
So it won't even be early tomorrow that I can do anything about it. I
did get to switch out a hot sleeping bag for just a blanket, thanks to
mom. I will not wake up tonight trying to fight my way out of a sweaty
coffin! Thank you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment