Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hello Waynesboro, goodbye Waynesboro!

During my hike to Waynesboro this morning, I regained at least a
smidge of tolerance for bugs again. It helped that most of the hike
this morning was through 30 mph winds....and, there were none. Also, I
am learning how to become invisible. It's really cool how this works.
Sometimes I forget and I have to ask other hikers if they can see me.
I know. You are trying to figure out if I am kidding or not or if
these sometimes inhumane conditions have driven me completely wacko.
I am here to inform you that, yes, she the hiker is totally mad.

However, this too shall pass and I am pleased to inform that tonight I
did successfully locate the hole in my beloved Big Agnes sleeping pad.
It is currently propped up drying out from it's evening of
entertainment, being trampled on repeatedly in the bathtub, awaiting
surgery in the morning. In addition to the visit to by far the best
Chinese buffet ever (AYCE sushi included!!!), this has been a most
successful and shortest town visit yet. Got off the trail and was
greeted by "Hobbler" a wonderful trail angel that gave Erik the Red,
Red Stick, and I a ride to town, AND stopped by the outfitters and
waited for us, AND gave me a sharpie to identify the little hole on my
sleeping pad so I would know where to patch it! Thank you Hobbler!
Then off to shower, followed by a couple of hours of gorging on
veggies, fruit, fried rice, and of course gobs of sushi, then a trip
to Kroger's for resupply, and then a half mile walk to the laundromat
and back. So yes, a very busy afternoon. I am looking forward to
entering Shenandoah bright and early tomorrow morning, which is only a
few hours away, so goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment