Friday, June 18, 2010

Ultralight backpacking? Hmmmmm.

Well, another picture perfect day on the Appalachian trail in
Maryland. Today we hiked up to the Washington monument (the original
one) and saw a great view of Maryland and Pennsylvania. There is so
much civil war history here; it is really interesting. And a little sad.

I finally got my new Big Agnes pad and boy have I been sleeping well.
I had forgotten what it was like to sleep through the night. I did
however finally decide, in an effort to see just how light I could get
my pack, to send home my Big Agnes Ultralight Cyclone Chair kit. Yes,
I know...shocking isn't it? I thought so, too. There just isn't really
anything fun in my backpack anymore. I met a guy not too long ago that
actually, I am not kidding, pulled a Yoda action figure out of his
pack one night. Seriously. He was carrying FOUR books as well. I
think he said his pack was over fifty pounds and he wanted to see how
strong he could get. Wow. I just cannot find anything in the
slightest bit encouraging to say about that endeavor except, "Huh?"
Mine is 22 before food and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment