Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mile 1984.0 (Tuesday)

Yep. That's right. Only 195.1 miles left. It was a huge excitement for
all the thru-hikers we saw today to hike past the "under 200 miles"
point. With the big mileage days we have been doing the miles are
going fast. People are planning their rides/flights/buses/trains home.
Me? As anxious as I am to pick "the day", I do not want to put that
kind of pressure on myself. Like, what if say, a HURRICANE comes this
way and I want to take a day off to try and avoid it??? I know, very
unlikely. Hahaha.

Here is the most recent trail food development. Well everybody knows
the best trail snack is the snickers bar, right? What about a
snickers bar dipped in chocolate frosting? Yep. That's the snack I
had up on Saddleback mountain yesterday. I can't take credit for this
magnificently decadent treat. I was just eating the plain ol' snickers
bar when "Rock-N-Roll" offered his can of Betty Crocker fudge frosting
for me to dip it in. Man, I tell you what...that's sweeter than a
Whoopie Pie. Ooohweee. I think we are on to something here.

Another really cool thing is that the leaves are starting to change
colors here. Not like Georgia where it's usually November before you
see the reds and yellows. August in Maine. Wow. The maples and the
birches are beautiful. What a treat! I get to experience fall twice.
In the woods over the next couple of weeks and later after I go home.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Collin,
    I have loved your blog. Every post. After this one, I have to ask a question. Are you able to brush your teeth? Snickers bars dipped in chocolate frosting may not be good for them.
    Just asking.

    ReplyDelete