Monday, August 2, 2010

A note I saw in the middle of the trail:

Seedless Joe,
We are going home. Good luck.
Signed Bill

I don't know Seedless Joe or his (former) friend Bill, but hopefully
Seedless Joe wasn't counting on Bill for anything important.

The new shoes are feeling a little better today. At least the numbness
and tingling in my toes is beginning to subside somewhat. I still feel
the plantar fascitis in the left foot (Marge of course) but I have
high hopes of a full recovery.

Today was a very nice 15 mile hike. We took a side trail to the White
Rocks Cliff and also had a nice break at a beautiful waterfall. There
was this one place where over the years hikers have built an entire
city of cairns. They were everywhere. One on top of the other. It was
quite the display. And of course we had to go search for more rocks to
add to them.

I have come to the decision now that I have less than 500 miles left,
that I want to once again eat hot food. In fact, if I have to eat one
more tuna in a tortilla meal, I might go totally nuts. Plus, I miss
mashed potatoes! I have come to the realization that cold food is
much heavier than dehydrated food. So now that I am getting my heavier
winter stuff back, I need to cut back on weight as much as possible.
And I hate tuna. And peanut butter. And tortillas. But especially
tuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment