Friday, August 20, 2010

Mile 1860.1

Gorham, New Hampshire. We hitched in with super nice guy Jim from
Pennsylvania in his beautiful clean nice smelling Audi. Sorry Jim. I
know we made your car smell like death. He was kind enough to chuckle
and only say that we smell like thru-hikers. Of course I always blame
it on Safari. Ha. One time we caught a ride with this nice lady that
had two small kids in the back seat. I was lucky enough to sit in the
back with them and one of the little girls said, "Mommy can you roll
her window down?" A few moments later all the windows came down, as
they usually do. Yay. It's laundry day.

Well, tomorrow is the Wildcats. Apparently these peaks are quite
ferocious, but different from the presidentials. I am still in shock
at how nice it was on top of Washington. It was a completely calm
sunny morning. I have been told this only happens a about 14 or so
days a year. What a gift.

I am feeling much better and ready for whatever the last 19 miles of
the whites has to throw at me. It is supposed to be 43 tonight, highs
in the 60's, and sunny. Can't get much better hiking weather than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment