Saturday, August 21, 2010

That's right, he called us ridiculously awesome

The, "youngster"...I know I know they don't use that word anymore but
that's what he is, that picked us up hitching back to Pinkham Notch
this morning called us "ridiculously awesome" when he learned we had
hiked here from Georgia. Now there's a compliment for you. He was a
nice young fellow, (There is that better?) and was slightly obsessed
with "driving fast, but not fast enough to hit a moose". At least
that's one thing I don't have to worry about. Thanks Adam, and watch
out for Bullwinkle.

The Wildcats today proved to be steep, never ending and at times, hair-
raising. We did some actual rock climbing which would be fine save for
the ridiculously less than awesome 35 pound beast clinging to my back
at all times. To add some excitement to the mix, it began drizzling
after lunch which made the even more hair raising "OMG, how am I going
to get down this" downhills slippery. It was a long day on the trail.

The other fun part of the day was Safari and I got to make fun of what
eachother bought for lunch when we "resupplied" in town. This is what
happens when you buy food in a town that doesn't have a real grocery
store close by. Yep, that's right.... The convenient store. The
selection is bad, but at least you pay more. Did you ever see someone
go into a Circle K and spend $35 on junk food? It's just sad. So, as
I watched Safari eat his English muffin topped with nacho cheese dip
and jerky for lunch, I enjoyed a bag of nuts, candy bar and Combo's
for lunch today. Combo's hold up well in the pack, but they have this
new flavor called zesty salsa tortilla. It's very spicy and they give
me heartburn. For some reason I keep forgetting this and I have bought
them now three times. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment