Sunday, August 1, 2010

Another day in the life...

I am sitting at the base of Bromley mountain, waiting for the chair
lift to open up for the day. I sure am lucky to need rescuing on a
weekend day. They only run the lifts up to the summit on Saturdays and
Sundays. Wow. Marge and Lefty's temper tantrums have good timing, eh?
Otherwise I would have to hike this mountain twice.

Later today...
So I was able to get back up Bromley on the chair lift this morning
and hike a moderate 12 miles to the Lost Pond shelter where I am
camped with Safari and some section hikers. Yep, Safari caught up to
me today where I was having lunch. The second new shoes are okay, I am
still having a lot of foot pain and numb toes. The light meshy
unsupportive trail shoes are totally different from the heavy
clodhopper sideshow bob boots that I have been used to for 1,650
miles. The jury is still out whether these are good or not. Marge and
Lefty just cannot be pleased these days.

The weather is lovely, cool, partly cloudy, 40's-50's at night, so
pretty chilly still. It is supposed to rain tomorrow. That is never
fun so we shall see. I bought a new pack cover in town so hopefully it
works better than the "rain insulating" p.o.s. I had before. It ended
up in the hiker box along with a note attached to it for the future
owner to use at their own risk. I thought it might work better on a
larger pack. Or maybe I just couldn't stand the thought of just
throwing it away. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment