Monday, August 23, 2010

Another one bites the dust

It's true! I have found yet another use for duct tape! This magic
tape will fix just about anything. Who needs needle and thread when
you have this shiny sticky miracle in your pack? Yes, I am sad to
report that I have duct tape all over the seat of my ass. I have hit
yet a new low. The whites killed my shorts. I think I slid down one
too many rocks on my butt. Sometimes there is just no better way down
and I am not too proud to admit it.

We have successfully made it through the white mountains and tomorrow,
amazingly enough, we will be crossing the Maine border. It seems hard
to believe, really. I have heard a lot of great things about Maine and
I am totally stoked. The Mahoosuc Notch is just a day away and
everyone says that's by far the hardest section of the entire trail. I
try not to get worked up too much about what others say about upcoming
sections. It never turns out to be as bad as "they" say. It has only
taken me almost 1,900 miles to learn this valuable tidbit. What do
"they" know about anything anyway, right?

So, here we are in Gorham, NH trying to dry everything out once more.
You're totally right. We were here before. Fortunately, there are two
highways into Gorham that the trail crosses at different times. You
know you have spent too much time in a trail town when you start
recognizing locals. We have become "regulars" at the bar/restaurant
next door. I have become totally addicted to their grilled veggies on
rosemary ciabatta bread sandwich, as I am about to go eat my third one.

2 comments:

  1. You do realize that duct tape is known as the handyman's secret weapon, don't you? If not, when you get the chance, google Red Green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Colin, glad to see your almost there, sounds like the weather is a lot nicer temp wise were your at, its still in the 90's every day and 80+ in the AM with 100% humidity here. See ya soon. Toddy Bear

    ReplyDelete