Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Disclaimer:

This is for entertainment purposes only. If this were an actual
emergency... well, you probably would not here about it until it was
resolved, actually. Although I appreciate all the offers of new
apparel, I assure you all that I will not, I repeat will NOT, be
standing at the summit of Katahdin naked. If for some reason, my
clothes continue in their haste to disintigrate, I will take action in
some appropriate fashion. Ok, now that I have that cleared up, I will
confess, the whole part about the snickers in frosting? Truth. In
fact, when we hitched into town today to resupply in Stratton, I was
looking for chocolate frosting. Thank goodness I got distracted and it
was not on my shopping list. Ugh.

We actually hiked up and over several large mountains this morning,
hitched into town to eat and resupply, and hitched back to the trail
to hike another five miles. Uphill. With full bellies. Very full
bellies. In fact, I had eaten an entire small cheese pizza and about
40 glasses of root beer. And chocolate milk. And OJ. I didn't think
I was actually going to make it to Horns Pond. But here I am. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment