Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tuesday...I think it's May already. Wow.

After spending a fun couple of days with mom, I had an exhausting 15.6
mile hike today. I don't know why I'm so tired, the terrain was quite
moderate. I guess with a full food bag (packs are the heaviest after
leaving town...and of course the fresh fruit I hid for myself in there
doesn't help) and less sleep than I have grown accustomed to equals a
super tired hiker.
I am not sure if it's these new huge clown boots I am sporting or
what but I also stumbled about 20 times today. I never went completely
down, but I certainly came close. If someone had been hiking behind me
they would have thought I was totally intoxicated. Other than
thwarting my ability to walk straight, the boots seem to be fufilling
the needs of Marge and Lefty in a satisfactory manner.

I am the only resident in the Iron Mountain shelter tonight. I should
say the only human resident anyway. This shelter has a sign in it that
states it was built in 1960. It is really small and smells a little
funky. That's okay, it was vegetarian taco night. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment