Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tuesday?

I celebrate two milestones today...one being that I am camped at the
Trimpi shelter about 17 miles past the 500 mile marker and the other
being that I hiked over 20 miles to get here. I saw more ponies
enshrouded in dense fog this morning. Today's hike included quite a
bit of walking through cloud covered balds. It seemed very surreal. (I
added a couple of pictures to the slideshow on the right.)

I woke up to rain this morning. I was happy about my decision to sleep
in the shelter. The thunder and lightning never came and the rain
eventually slacked off. The sun even peaked out this evening for a few
minutes. Literally. Three.

There is a rumor that I will be passing by a shelter on the trail
tomorrow that you can actually order pizza. Wow. I will be definitely
giving that a whirl. So naturally, knowing I will be eating a huge
lunch, ate all my food reserved for tomorrow, tonight. It was a
veritable feast, including mashed potatoes...

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud (and jealous) of you!!! I am so glad that you are sticking it out. You are my hero. Go Wonder Woman :)

    ReplyDelete