Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sunday

So once again I find I am sitting here smashed in between 8 smelly wet
hikers in a shelter during a thunderstorm. I was hiking along today
and I thought to myself, "I don't really mind hiking in the rain when
it's warm out..." and just about that time, the skies absolutely
opened up. I mean full force. I was not wearing any rain gear because
it was so warm. I don't remember ever being so wet. By the time I got
to the next shelter, I am sure I was quite a sight. I was planning to
go 7-9 more miles today but I never left here and it only ended up
being a 14.5 mile day. The past couple of days I have been really
lucky because it rained mostly at night. Oh well. It's all good.
This morning was really nice. There were some hikers that were
dropping off another hiker and I just happened to be hiking by at the
same time. They had cold sodas, mint oreos, fruit, mixed nuts, and
raisins. And, they took my trash from my food bag. What a nice
surprise. It definitely made up for the storms that came later today.
I certainly have the experience for a future professional food
panhandler.

No comments:

Post a Comment