Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Still raining...

I am in my tent near a cliff overlooking Pearisburg, Va. At least I am
assuming that is the town below....I have no idea really because I am
in the clouds completely and it is still raining. I am sure it will
stop tomorrow and be sunny because I will be in a town.

It was a pretty tough 19 or so miles today. The trail was very rocky
which makes for hard hiking. The on and off rain wears you out as
well. We actually heard tornado sirens going off in the town below.
Don't worry. We are hiding in our tents. Because everyone knows that
tents are safe and will protect you from everything, right? Just
kidding....The three of us that are camped up here on this cliff have
an actual plan if we hear a tornado. Of course it involves dangling
from a rocky ledge but a plan none the less. Some days are way more
interesting than others.

That's alright. Tomorrow is Chinese buffet day....we are hoping the
Chinese restaurant makes it through the night. Everyone I have been
hiking with has been talking about nothing but the Chinese buffet. I
am sure it will be absolutely mediocre at best but bring it on.

I have to say, tonight and last night have been some of the coolest
places to camp. Last night I was camped near a beautiful waterfall and
tomorrow morning, I will wake up to a gorgeous view...assuming the
clouds and fog actually go away. I will let you know later how good
the view was.

1 comment: