Thursday, May 20, 2010

"...it's one of those people from the woods, dear"

Well, as predicted, the Chinese buffet was sadly mediocre. Filling,
but mediocre. And after a day of eating as much town food as possible,
I am ready to get back on the trail as soon as possible. As usual I
can only handle so much "civilization".
Today I gladly watched as all the surrounding mountains were
completely covered in dark storm clouds and I was not in it. All my
clothes and all my gear is totally dry...at least for now. The weather
is actually supposed to be really nice tomorrow.

So I resupplied my food for the next week and I can say I'm down with
the mashed potatoes. Actually I have decided to go all cold. No more
cooking. Even mashed potatoes. So this will be an interesting
experiment. I am planning to send my stove home next week. Hmmmm.

Well I am looking at a nice stretch of trail here out of Pearisburg,
Virginia. I will keep you posted. Ok goodnight.
Oh, and the title of today's post is a quote I actually overheard in
town today. Yep.

1 comment:

  1. cold mashed potatoes? I'd rather be from the woods than be a townie... love it: I
    can only handle so much "civilization"

    ReplyDelete