Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sunshine!

So here's the deal. I would say I "order" you, but I will be a little
less demonstrative and use "suggest"...I will suggest that you get up
and go outside and play. We all need a little more vitamin D. Thats
whats the matter with everyone! There is just nothing better than
being outside on a beautiful sunny spring day. Nothing. Today I am
just going to have to call gratitude. It just doesn't get any better
than this.

Everyone carries burdens. I am fortunate enough to to be able to cast
mine aside for a few months in exchange for a 35lb one. So right now,
I am camped up on this mountain thinking about all the interesting
people I met today...Troll, Castaway, Charlie, Escargot, Snowman, Geo,
Free man, Hoogan Doogan, Dutchess, Not Bad, and Gyp-c from Melbourne.
Trail names are a trip! And you thought Rabid was bad. Ha.

I was thinking the other day as I heard gunshots down in the valley.
Let me get this straight...there is deer season, and bear season, and
turkey season. Well this is definitely thru-hiking season. They have
migrated en masse. Look out.

2 comments:

  1. Collin, wow!! Sorry about the feet and blisters...happy to hear you are recovering, and trekking on.. :) Did I read correctly? Finace?! Wow, lady! This is a big year for you!!

    Lots of luck...Spring is here!!

    <3 Yurani

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post, that is what I think thru-hiking is about, lots of time to think and reflect, but how on earth do you type all of this from your phone! soak up some sun for all us indoor worker bees!

    ReplyDelete