Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 23, 2010

A good friend this morning said, "You know what your doing? You're
thriving!" I liked hearing that and today I felt that way. It was blue
skies, perfect temperatures, and the most wonderful mountain views
around. You just have to love north Georgia! Wow. Other than the
complete paranoia of every sensation going on in my feet and my knees,
what a wonderful hike I had today. I stopped twice to take off my
boots and make sure there were still feet and toes in there. All was
well with them. They enjoyed the leisurely hike with a daypack for 6
1/2 miles. The best part was summiting the last mountain of the day
to spot Drew waiting for me at the bottom. We get to comfortably sleep
in the truck camper before I take off tomorrow...yes, carrying a wee
bit more than today. I am full of gratitude for all the friends,
family, complete strangers, and the best fiancé in the world for
making this such a special journey.

1 comment: