Monday, March 8, 2010

A Little Background Info...

In 2005, my ex-husband and I decided to move up to the
mountains of north Georgia and open a hiking and backpacking shop. The
store was a huge success and I made many friends. This small town
welcomed us with open arms and showed us why people moved from all
over to live here. Little did I know how this would transform my life.
In 2007, we opened a second store, in Copperhill, TN. The store is
still open and run by my former husband and has a great selection of
unique gifts. (Stop by the next time you are near the GA/TN border
headed to the Ocoee river. You cannot miss Copperhill Outfitters
next to the Iron Horse Grill).
Having section hiked parts of the trail, and most other trails in
Georgia as well as North Carolina and South Carolina, I always wanted
to keep going. What would the next section look like? How could it be
more spectacular than the last? Throughout the years, I have spent
most of my time talking with section hikers, weekend warriors, as well
as many thru-hikers. I was thoroughly inspired to make this dream a
reality.
Late 2009 I was able to make it happen. I sold the business to
Travis and Shirley Crouch, along with their daughter Whitney. They have relocated the store to a great new spot in the busiest shopping center
in town....near Wal-mart of course! (Stop by and say hello...they
have all the latest gear and great clothes, and boots!
www.hikenorthgeorgia.com)
So as winter progressed, I began my preparations for the hike of all
hikes. I feel like I have tested every backpack known to man...or
woman. I have some truly awesome gear! I feel very well prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment