Monday, March 22, 2010

Back to the trail...

So after resting and recuperating for a couple of days, I am headed back to the trail in the morning. I am planning a leisurely 6-7 mile hike at a moderate pace. And because Drew is so sweet to drop me off and then drive to my next destination to wait for me, I get to slackpack tomorrow. This should be a good introduction back into the hiking boots for the angry feet.

The thunderstorms and unexpected snow showers seem to have passed and I am looking forward to some mild weather. I cannot say I am sorry I missed experiencing the crazy weather we have been having on some windy frozen peak but rather enjoyed watching it, sitting in front of the fireplace dry and warm as can be.

I am fortunate to have been able to rethink some of my clothing and gear choices and I was successful in eliminating 2 pounds of I don't really know what. Food? Water? Haha. I did, however, lose my pillow (yes go ahead Gudger, laugh if you will...) and I have put all the filters and the steripen back in the gear box. I am opting for the lightest possible choices for all of it. Wadded up clothing stuff sack and Aqua Mira. (yes, you can laugh some more and even throw in a "I told you so.")

So long for now...see you on the trail mañana!
-Rabid

2 comments:

  1. You will like the Aqua Mira haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything happens for a reason (?) so you have a little time to regroup and rethink and unburden... good luck!

    ReplyDelete