Monday, March 15, 2010

The night before...

Well, everything is packed and sitting by the door.  I have unpacked, repacked...taken everything out, weighed it, re-evaluated....put it back in the pack.....several times.  I am officially waving the white flag.  If its not in my pack, I don't need it.  If I have it and I don't need it (oh, that NEVER happens, right?) I will be mailing it home soon. 
Although I have hiked up Springer Mountain 5 dozen times, this day will be host to a most memorable trip up this rocky section of trail. The weather is forcasted to be mostly sunny with light winds, and temps in the 50's.  Perfect!   
So this is my last post from the comfort of my favorite chair, in front of the fireplace, cold drink in hand (not being drunk from a TUBE), just around the corner from the flush toilet...
The trail is calling...

4 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there to send you off. You had a beautiful day to start your journey. Know that you are in our thoughts with every step you take.
    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. While sitting in the sun watching a track meet, I thought Collin has a great day to start her trip! Hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Collin! Hope you miss the snow and mice in the Smokies. Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
    Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truly get into the heart of the wilderness. All other travel is mere dust and hotels and baggage and chatter. -John Muir, naturalist, explorer, and writer (1838-1914)
    This is today's thought from word of the day. It seemed appropriate. Hope you are seeing wonderful sights and having mild, dry weather and enjoying every day. Wish I was there or you were here. Dad

    ReplyDelete