Sunday, April 4, 2010

Today was a great day for a hike

Warm, I mean really warm, sunny, and beautiful North Carolina scenery.
Drew drove me back to the trail on the motorcycle. What a sight that
must have been. Actually, you can see what a sight it was...check out
the picture somewhere on the right side of the page in one of those
slide show thingys. Awesome way to get to the trail in my opinion.
Although when I got off I was happy to give back the helmet and heavy
jacket. Made my pack feel lighter. Ok, not really, but I'm glad I'm
not so bad off that I have to hike with a helmet.

Today while I was hiking, for the second time, I heard a HUGE tree
fall over "down mountain" from me...on a windless day no less. Now I
don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure if I had not been there it
still would have made a really big noise. Just a thought for today...

So I will have to call today a success. Good ride, good hike, good
weather, and all digits pointing the correct direction. I am camped by
a gurgling stream near the Siler Bald shelter about 111 miles in. Just
a few to go...

1 comment: