Friday, April 9, 2010

Thursday, I could find out the date, but does it really matter?

I know, you're all tired of all the hiking in sunshiny weather tales,
so I have a whole new theme for today. I am going to have to call
today "high adventure". You know you're having an interesting day on
the trail when you find yourself just below the summit of the tallest
mountain around, huddled on your hands and knees (after throwing the
metal sticks of death to the ground) while a small hurricane goes by
over your head. I can relate this miserable tale now with a smile on
my face because I am warm and dry in the very center of a shelter
filled with at least twice as many people as it was designed to hold.
Yes, it was a very wet and windy 9.1 miles today, but I am only 11.5
away from Fontana Dam and tomorrow is supposed to be sunny. Now I
will be the one with every stitch of clothing I have hanging off the
back of my pack. Ok, maybe I will keep the undies inside the pack.

1 comment:

  1. All the different weather conditions are so much more dramatic when you stay out in them instead of look out at them. It puts a whole new relevance to the word shelter. I hope you have the kind of weather that makes you want to stay out in it.
    Anonymous Parent

    ReplyDelete