Saturday, July 3, 2010

Oops...the text did not show up with the picture

Fourth of July weekend, eh?  I would have had no idea except for the multitude of dayhikers and local loafers at trailheads I hiked by today. There were a couple of view points accessible by short sidetrails that were packed, make that infested, with kids, families, and teenage hooligans. Don't you just love that word?  Hooligans!  Yeah, yeah I was once one if those too.  Anyway, it's amazing how the quiet peaceful woods change on a holiday weekend.

So let's get back to these rocks. Yes, more rocks today. Mostly huge slanty ones that you had to crawl sideways over...for seventeen something miles.  Yep. Today wore me flat out. It's only 8pm and I will probably be asleep in less than an hour.
Tomorrow we are stopping in Slatington and/or Walnutport PA for a resupply. Who comes up with these names anyway? We have chosen to skip Palmerton, PA...where hikers are permitted to sleep in the jail for one night. I am really disappointed I am going to miss that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment